+/-

HERE IS WHERE YOU PLACE THE HIDDEN FOOTNOTE TEXT.

Friday, May 11, 2018

Book Review: The Housekeeper and the Professor

Y'all, I am killing it. 3/33: The Housekeeper and The Professor by Yoko Ogawa. This short, sweet book was quiet and lovely. I enjoyed learning about math and baseball (not things I know much about). I loved reading about kind people just being, well, kind to each other. A good meditation on memory and what it takes to form good relationships. Recommend.

***

I feel like a kid again, getting whole armloads of books from the library and actually reading them. Well, more or less. I had to give up on Rise of the Rocket Girls - while the subject matter was quite interesting (women in the space program! woo!), it had too much of that names-dates-places stew that I don't like. I'm not really one for biographies or historical novels, and this felt like that; too many random events, not enough narrative. That's personal preference, of course; if you want to learn about rockets and women and math, give it a go.

**

What should I read in my 1k Quest? Leave me a comment with your recommendation and I'll give it a shot. (No promises I'll finish it.)

xo,
Devo

No comments:

Post a Comment